Thursday, June 19, 2008

Some stuff from last term:

I did this one last night. Everything is composed from photoshop using reference images for inspiration. I was listening to the Postal Service- not really a favorite but I wanted to convey the feeling of someone that has lots of friends but is alone indefinitely.
This one was for class, my first attempt at Russian Constructivism. It is close, but I didn't do my research. Stuff that's round is bad, usually the color pallet is red/yellow/white/black (those colors were cheaper back then-1919). And the font in the image in the b/g is a little off. Also Your supposed to work mainly in 90/45 degree angles. It's more modern expressionistic. All of the images are from google image search.
This is an interpretation of a song called "D.A.N.C.E." By Justice. This one and the next one were for class and we had to make cd covers. The black strip down the middle is just a cut out of a Neve levels dashboard on a mixing console over gray with a huge "j".
This one is more complex, it supposed to represent the whole album.

This is my re-do of the Russian Constructivism from above.

1 comment:

Palmer said...

Nice job keep the modern rolling like a mossy stone.